BUSINESS SECTOR: Mechanical Engineering
LOCATION : Toronto, Ontario
As part of the development of our engineering activities, we are presently recruiting a Mechanical Technician or Technologist for our Toronto office. A full-time position of 37.5 hours per week in a dynamic and friendly work environment. We are also offering a full range of benefits.
- Survey and audit mechanical systems.
- Conduct building investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options.
- Perform construction site visits, documenting observations and field-testing results.
- Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and other consultants.
- Perform computer design of mechanical plans (AutoCAD).
- Design various mechanical systems (plans and specifications): chilled water network, complex ventilation, humidification and dehumidification of the air, plumbing, oil installation, etc.
- Apply the requirements of enterprise standards as well as those of customers.
- Work in close collaboration with other technicians and engineers to propose solutions adapted to our clientele.
- Coordinate activities with other professionals.
- Write reports.
- Check shop drawings or manufacturing drawings.
- Perform site supervision.
- Technically supporting colleagues and customers.
- Three years of experience in consulting engineering with a DEC (or diploma) in Building Systems Engineering Technology or, if not, five years of experience in consulting engineering.
- Flexible, can work independently or as part of a team, skilled communicator.
- Highly proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Good analytical skills, ease of communication and teamwork – with other designers, technicians and engineers.
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Word, Excel and Autocad;
- OACETT certification
- Knowledge of data centers
- Knowledge of fire protection
- Knowledge of REVIT
- French (spoken/written).
Salary: to be discussed
Starting date: to be discussed